Friday, April 2, 2010

Small Business Advertising Lesson #1 Headlines Count

I came back from doing a couple of events in Las Vegas. I just received a phone call from the MC of one event. He told me that he received a phone call from two attendees telling him that they rewrote their next ads based on my one speech.

My entire thrust of the speech was on Headlines. Every ad has a headline the same way every song has a title. Every book has a title. Every article has a headline.
It the way readers (or listeners/viewers) skim over material looking for something that concerns them.... something that interests them.... The purpose of the headline is to grab the reader by the ears and say "Look at me!".

Being clever focuses on you....and your cleverness. The headline must instantly make the reader feel that this concerns me!...This is what I want to know!

After they reader sees your ad, you do not want them saying "My, what a clever ad".
You want them saying "Now, where can I get that?"

Of course there is more in my book;
The Unfair Advantage Small Business Advertising Manual.
You can download a free complete copy at
www.local-small-business-advertising-marketing-book.com

You can also get a hell of a lot more by subscribing to my newsletter at www.unfairadvantagemarketing.com

And you can either order tebook in paperback or find out more about my speaking services at www.claudewhitacre.com

That's about enough self-promotion for now. Later, Claude